Google
 

Friday, March 7, 2008

World's Largest Truck Stop


I'm spending the night at the world's largest truck stop. I'm not quite sure if that is based on the number of parking spaces or just the sheer size of the place. I always make it a point to stop here whenever I come this way.

They have this huge show room with almost anything and everything you could ever want for your truck. I'm like a kid in a candy store. A broke kid in a candy store, but it's still fun to look.

I Was on a run from Ohio to Southern California and normally wouldn't have been routed this way but, another driver was running low on hours and they sent me up here to swap loads with him. My load has more time on it than necessary and he won't have to run so hard to make it on time. Whereas the load I'm getting from him is going to require a small miracle to get it there on time. I love a challenge.

The only downsides; I'll be heading back to the congested east coast and I'm giving up a sweet hazmat run that would have put me within spitting distance of home.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

The wife has to wonder....how much stuff you could cram in that truck if you weren't a "broke" kid in a candy store....

you know... you could show everyone your cool laptop stand...then they'd know why you are broke!

Love ya