Google
 

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

No Vermont This Time

I'm off on another run. Not to Vermont though. Instead I'll be heading south to Tennessee and then on to Georgia.

Due to the extreme distance of my last load and the relatively short time I had to get it there I used up all of my hours and had to sit it out for the last day and a half. No worries. I used the time productively. Did a little maintenance on the truck, a little cleaning and went for a lot of walks. Got to keep up with the wife you know.

There are no name brand truck stops for at least 40 miles in any direction, so I've been staying at this little Mom & Pop stop not too far from where I delivered the other day, which coincidentally is the same spot I'm picking up from tonight. I wonder if I'll be picking up some of the same product I just delivered?

The place I've been staying at the last couple of days didn't have a lot to choose from in the food and beverage categories but, what it lacked in basic amenities, it made up for in character.

I don't know when it was built, and neither does anyone who works here, but I'm guessing it was in the early 1900's. Judging by the floor to ceiling glass walls that encircle the building. It's hard to imagine it in this day and age but, there was a time when the only light you had to work by is what was coming in through the window.





........................Sunset shining through building....................

There was also a nice park right next to the truck stop I discovered on one of my many walks.


....................The Hudson River along side park.......................


.........View from pier towards park. Truckstop is to the left..........

1 comment:

Dawn said...

No wonder you took so many walks! It's beautiful there.

By the way...you'll never be able to keep up with me...hahaha!