Google
 

Monday, October 8, 2007

Headin' Home (I Hope)

Since Dallas, I've run up to Kentucky and Ohio, and am currently in Arkansas awaiting my delivery appointment tomorrow morning. I don't have a pre-plan for the next load yet, which is rare. Ususally I know when and where my next load is a day or two before I deliver the current one. But, since I have home time scheduled, it limits the available loads down to the few that just happen to be going in the same direction as the one I would like to be going in.

The fact I don't have a load plan for tomorrow yet makes me just a bit nervous. This has happened a time or two before. There just aren't any loads going the way you want to go, so you sit there for three or four days. Meanwhile, all the plans you have made to be certain places at certain times just pass by and there's nothing you can do about it. Frustrating to say the least.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'll wake up tomorrow and find that perfect run that will head me home. I've been out seven weeks and I really don't want to make it eight. Not this time anyway.

No comments: