Google
 

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Not Texas Again

The last post left off with me in Texas. Anyone who knows me knows I loathe Texas. Not that it's a bad state or anything. I'm just always there. I was lured to this line of work with a promise of seeing the country. Not just Texas.

Anyway, Since Texas, I took a load from Conroe, TX (about an hour north of Houston) to Panama city, FL. From there I deadheaded up to our drop yard in Orlando to pick up a load of condiments going to Danville, IL. The bulk variety for the food service industry. I specify, because last time I hauled condiments, it was the little single serving packets for McDonald's. The wife got a kick out a whole truck filled with nothing but little packets of ketchup, mustard, bar-b-q sauce, etc.

Back to the point of this post... I'm driving along today about an hour or so out from my receiver when the Qual-Comm lights up with the next load. Pick up in Franklin, IN going to... Houston, TX

Not Texas again! I about through the Qual-Comm unit out of the window in disgust.

As I'm muttering to myself "I just came from Texas! Don't they have something going to one of the other 47 states?!? " The Qual-Comm beeps again, and just like that, no more Texas.

Makes me wonder if they could hear me... Hmmm...

About the only thing worse than going back to Texas is no load at all. Which is where I'm at now.

But hey, now the odds are back to 1 in 48. A really big one, but still, 1 in 48

No comments: