Google
 

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

South Dakota. Been there. Done that.

If you read the previous post, you know I was on my way to one of the two states I've yet to visit. Well I'm happy to report, I made it! It took a little longer than expected due to a pesky bearing on the reefer unit, but I made to and through South Dakota.

Now if I could only get to Maine.

The wife mentioned to one of her friends that I was going to SD and she said to see if I could find Wall Drug. Well I never actually saw Wall Drug but, you couldn't miss the signs.

Here's just a few...

































I know I haven't blogged in a while but, I have to tell you why. The "N" key on my keyboard was barley working. I had to push down on it extremely hard and wiggle my finger back and forth to get it to produce about 50. And then go back and delete the other 49 I didn't want.

By the time I did all that I forgot what it was I was going to type. Just a little frustrating. So... I didn't.

I've been back out since the 2nd and work has really picked up! Kinda a nice change from the absolute slowness that was the first four months of the year.

So far in the past eight days I've gone from San Diego to Bolingbrook, IL. From there down to Indianapolis to Pick up a load going to Atlanta, GA (AKA Hotlanta). Then a quick jaunt from there to Griffin, GA to pick up the next one going from Griffin to Flowood, Mississippi, Houston and San Marcos, TX

Only I didn't get to go to San Marcos. I completely ran out of hours upon arriving in Houston, so another driver had to take it the rest of the way.

I can't remember the last time I ran out of hours. It's been a while.

So I'm sitting and sweating in Houston. It is HOT HOT HOT. and HUMID. I don't do well In hot n humid. I'm from southern California. Where we do get our share of hot but, as they say, it's a dry heat.

I'm empty now with no preplan yet so, we'll have to wait to see what tomorrow brings. I hope something, anything. I don't think I can take another day of this.

So' Cal' hot is nothing compared to this!

Oh! I almost forgot. The bird count is up to 26. It was holding steady at 24 for over a year but, all of a sudden, two in two days.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Woo Hoo...he's blogging again! My friends and I laughed and laughed when we told him to look for Wall Drug.

As you can see...taking pictures of the signs kept him busy. LOL
-The Wife