Google
 

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Out Of Hours & Daisy May Gets A Bruise

Wow! It's been a while since I had a Chance to write. I was home for a few days and ever since I came back out I've been running 13 - 14 hours a day. It's all I can do to get out of the hot seat and fall into the bunk at the end of the day. Not that I'm complaining. I rather like when they keep me moving like that. Makes for a good payday. But too many of those days in a row gets to be a bit much at times. I'm not the spring chicken I used to be.

I ran from California to Georgia in only three and a half days, then up to Indiana, over to Illinois and finally back to Indiana. Which is where I'll be for a couple of days. I've already used up all my available hours and have to sit until they reset on Friday morning.

Kinda boring to have to sit around all day but, I'll finally get that much needed rest that has been eluding me for the past few days.






The other day Daisy May got backed into and she is not at all happy about it. Just some minor damage but, she's still upset. We were sitting in a rest area just a few miles into Arizona when pickup truck towing a U-haul trailer tried and failed at backing up.

I was just getting out of the driver's seat to head into the back for the night when the force of the impact knocked me off ballance, and back into the seat I went. I heard a loud crunching noise and thought to myself, well that can't be good.

The other driver pulled up so I could climb out and inspect the damage. We did the obliglatory exchange of insurance info and all that fun stuff, then, all the fun being over, I finally got to go to bed.

I've been running so hard this past week I haven't had time to get the step replaced. So I'll just have to be careful climbing in and out until I can.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Poor Daisy May, that doesn't look fun... of course I had to laugh because you just admitted to the whole internet that you named your truck!

Love ya!!!