Google
 

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Planes, Trains and Automobiles... err Trucks


Mechanical woes almost caused me to be late today. I received this load the other day but, because i used up all my available hours on the two previous runs I had to sit on it for a day and a half before I could move. No problem. My company contacted the shipper and receiver and a new appointment was set. One that I could easily make.

That is until I went to start my truck yesterday and nothing happened. Don't know why but, this is the third time in the past two months that this has happened. The mechanics can't figure it out either. Must be one of those intermittent problems that comes and goes and just never seems to happen when they're poking around with all their electrical testers and such.

It took five hours to get the problem resolved. And now what was an easy run just turned into a pain in the backside run.

I made it but, just barely. I had use the split sleeper berth option to make it on time but, I made it. My 96% on time rate is safe.

I headed off to the nearest mom and pop truck stop about two miles away to complete the rest of the required sleeper berth time and 15 minutes after I served out the remaining time, I received another run. No rest for the weary...

No comments: